Tuesday, September 30, 2008

We The People

I am totally jazzed by yesterday's vote to stop the proposed bailout of Wall Street billionaires, but not for the reasons you'd think. I am completely blown away that, for the first time in my lifetime, the US Congress did exactly what they were designed to do - represent The People! I am sick and tired of our federal legislators basing their votes on the needs of lobbyists and donors. Yesterday's vote reflected the overwhelming desire of the American population and finally, Congress listened. It was democracy at work, exactly as our founding fathers promised. If only they listened to us all of the time. One can dream!!

Tomorrow Nina and I are leaving on a 6 day Mother-Daughter vacation to Orlando. We are both so excited - no men, no schedules, and plenty of rest! We have no plans other than to have no plans. We will awaken whenever we feel like it and spend the day doing whatever we want. Can you imagine anything better than that? I can't.

We're not even taking our laptops so I won't be writing for about a week. I'll miss it but I'm sure I'll have lots to talk about when I get back. Have a great week!!

Peace Out!!

No comments: