Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Blogs and Hurricanes (originally posted 9/3/08)

Well, I must say that this blogging thing is tons of fun!! But it is also very tiring, especially since I spent most of yesterday logging in and out to see if I had any comments posted. It actually becomes a tiny bit obsessive. Or maybe it's just that I have an obsessive personality. Yep, that's most likely the problem.

So, I did get a bunch of comments - some public, some not; some favorable, some not. And let me say this to everyone who responded: no matter what you think of my politics, I still love you!! That being said, I'm remain correct!! LOL!! A bunch of people questioned my position with relation to Bristol Palin's pregnancy and I suppose I should be a bit more forthcoming. So please hear this - I am Pro-Life. I do not suggest that abortion is the answer to this pregnancy or any other. I only recommended that Sarah Palin should probably be spending much of her current energy on the issues surrounding the health and welfare of her family right now. That's all I said, so everyone chill. It's all good!!

So Gustav is merely a nasty rain storm at this point and for that, we should all be thankful. As a nation, we held our collective breath this past holiday weekend and watched as he crashed into the southeast coast of Lousiana with gusto (pun intended). That N'awlins, and other nearby areas, suffered only minimal damage is a blessing. My family (including the kids) is totally enamored with The Big Easy and anytime it's threatened, we pray hard! Have you ever visited the area? If not, try to get there. It's amazing, even after Katrina!! I remember fondly when we first took the kids there many years ago. Our son, Patrick, was in about the 5th grade and as young as he was, he carried with him a small sketchbook in which he drew much of the incredible architecture. I don't think I'll ever forget watching him sit in the window of our hotel while he sketched the rooftops of the centures old buildings before him. I have such fond memories of that trip though I've pretty thoroughly blocked the memories of his young face as he caught his first sight of the decadence of Bourbon Street!! But that's the beauty of NOLA - cultural diversity, both historic and modern. I need to stop, now, before I log on to Southwest and head down this afternoon!! Mmmm, Pat O'Brien Hurricanes and Bourbon Street........!!

No comments: