Tuesday, September 9, 2008

How to begin...and Sarah Palin, too! (originally posted 9/2/08)

I can't believe that I've done this - actually created a blog! I don't really even know what they are except that I have tons to say and I think this is a great way to vent. I don't know if anyone will read what I say or, for that matter, even care if I have anything to say at all. But I do, and at this point in my life (almost 54 years of age), that's really all that matters to me. So I'll just write what exists inside of my head and if you like it, well then, it's all good. And if you don't like my thoughts and opinions, that's your issue, not mine! How do you like me so far????

So let's get to this whole issue of Sarah Palin and her fitness to be our next Vice President. Let me start by saying this: Is John McCain kidding? I can't help but think that this is all some big joke that he, and his cronies, are playing on us. That is the only explanation for what appears to be the biggest political blunder of my lifetime (with the exception of the Checkers speech but I was to young to stay up late enough to watch that debacle!). Anyway, I truly hope that it is a joke because if it's real, we're in a huge mess of poo. Just the thought that anyone, even John McCain, would find her suitable to potentially lead this country is insane. Heck, she obviously can't even lead her family!!

Now we find out that her lovely 17 year old daughter is 5 months pregnant and the baby's daddy is an 18 year old, self-professed, Whiskey Tango "redneck" who doesn't want kids. Now hear this, please, I am a mother, too. I also have a teen-aged daughter and I respect Sarah and her husband, Todd, for the support they are offering their daughter. But for pity's sake, Sarah, do you really think now is the best time to be undertaking this huge political campaign? You have a beautiful baby who alone will need all of the time and attention you can possibly give. And now you have a teenager with huge troubles of her own who needs her Mom more than she may ever need her again. And there you are, you and John, off doing your own thing all over these great 50 states. EARTH TO SARAH...YOUR FAMILY IS IN CRISIS AND YOU NEED TO COME HOME!!!

No comments: