Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Season of Hope

What a gorgeous late summer morning this is! The sun is shining brightly and the air is crisp with the promise of the beauty of a mid-Atlantic autumn. I am feeling rejuvenated and full of excitement for all that the coming season will bring. I love the fresh fall air and the amazing foliage colors that ignite the landscape with the appearance of an inextinguishable fire. It is my absolute favorite season though some detest it for being the beginning of the dreariness that comes with winter.

For me, though, it is a season of change. And this year, the approaching season brings with it more than climatic change. This year it brings change for our nation and, ultimately, change for the difficulties of our current existence. And, it doesn't matter where you sit in the political arena because change is guaranteed, no matter the choice. Normally, change is simply a difference of time, place, or order. This year, however, change also represents HOPE. What are you hoping for? I hope that we, as a people, can find a way to restore this nation to the greatness that it once represented, both socially and economically. I hope that my children will live in a country that understands the importance of its people, rather than its politics. I hope that we, all of us, can find a way to embrace our differences and extol our collective virtues. We are still a nation of intelligent, creative, hard-working people who deserve a country that respects and is respected.

Oh, apparently, this amazing weather makes me philosophical as well!

Peace Out!

No comments: