Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bailout, schmailout!!

I don't know about you, but this whole $700Billion bailout is making me crazy! Everyone, and I mean everyone, is talking about it. I tried turning off CNN, MSNBC, and CNBC (I wouldn't watch FOX News if it was the last channel on earth!) but it doesn't matter. The check-out lady in the grocery store couldn't stop chattering about it. The UPS guy who delivers my QVC packages had something to say about it. And the list, goes on and on! People are not only nervous about their money, they are downright angry! And so am I!!

Now, I know that Paulson is a nervous wreck and this deal needs to be done yesterday; I get it. But if you think that we, the American people, should shell out 700 billion sheckels with nothing in return, you probably also still believe that there are WMDs in Iraq. Get a grip, people! This isn't a bailout; it's a gift! Do you really want these thieves, who have brought our economy to the brink of total devastation, spending next weekend at their homes in the Hamptons? Not me. Nope I won't be happy until they are spending their weekends in a cardboard box behind a Bodega in Queens.

I also believe that we, the American people, should receive something in return for this huge gift we are about to bestow upon these thieving creeps. Someone has suggested that we should all receive a 90 point bump in our FICO score. Or, how about this idea - a one year amnesty on mortgage payments. I was also thinking that we should all receive a one-night stay in the Lincoln Bedroom, complete with a continental breakfast. Any of these ideas would work for me and I'm sure you've come up with a few of your own. If you have, post them as comments on this site - I'd love to hear them!

Peace Out!!

No comments: