Friday, October 31, 2008

My Christian World

I have been struggling, what with my liberal leaning views, to find a place in my Christian world. My amazing Pastor recently sent me an email in which he stated, "According to Pat Morley a Cultural Christian is a person who '…pursues the God we want instead of the God who is. It’s the tendency to be shallow in our understanding of God, wanting Him to be more of a gentle grandfather type who spoils us and lets us have our own way. It’s sensing a need for God, but on our own terms. It’s wanting the God we have underlined in our Bibles without wanting the rest of Him, too. It’s God relative instead of God absolute.' Christ has called us to an infinitely better life…Biblical Christianity." His inference throughout this email, and in other conversations, has been that I am a Cultural Christian because I am an advocate for a woman's right to choose.

Well, I have determined that I am neither a Biblical Christian, nor a Cultural Christian. I am, in fact, a Constitutional Christian, which I will define as a Christ follower who believes that our nation is truly "one nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all". I believe that our founding fathers were inspired by God to create this democracy, so clearly outlined by our Constitution, and that the Constitution should be protected with unbridled fervor as it represents God's will for our people. Though the U. S. Constitution, like the Bible, can be interpreted by different people in many different ways, I have total and complete faith that God will guide our legislators and judicial appointees to understand His will in all matters pertinent to our national welfare. As a Constitutional Christian I adhere, unfailingly, to our national motto, "In God We Trust".

And, as Election '08 draws ever closer, it is my daily prayer that the American voting public will select our next President based on his total policy platform and its potential to provide help and support to the American people, rather than on a single issue that defies our Constitutional rights as willed by God.

Peace Out!!



No comments: